Thursday, December 20, 2007

Simply About Initiative

I think too many people just sitting idle and waiting for things to happen, thinking that if it's meant to be then by some spiritual osmosis it will happen. We wait for God to do something while God is actually waiting on us. We are a significant part of the equation. Without initiative we will never become the people we were born to be and we will never do all the great things we are here to do. Now this doesn't mean we should force things or take action just for the sake of doing something. Initiative involves mobilizing and focusing your energy, thoughts, words, choices and actions to attract something that you desire.
Thus the first question you will want to ask is what do I desire? What am I feeling called to do? Would I like to attract more clients? Get a promotion? Have better health? Enhance my professional or financial success? Find more joy and peace? Start a non- profit? Forgive someone who wronged me? Just begin by identifying that one thing that has been really been stirring within you, that one thing that is calling you to action.
Then you will want to ask yourself, what is the one thing I could do to realize my desire? What initiative do I need to take? Instead of waiting for something to happen what is the one thing I could do to help make it happen now. What fear has been holding me back that I need to let go of and turn over to God in order for me to trust and take action today?
Then with all the positive energy you can muster, Take Action and let go of the outcome. Initiative doesn't always create the exact outcome we want but, believe me it leads to an even better outcome than we could have imagined for ourselves. When we take initiative we become a magnet for all the people, synchronistic events, good fortune and life lessons that guide us towards our destiny. So what are you waiting for?

No comments: